ARK's popular Lip Blok® is now available in flexible versions! These simple yet effective oral motor tools naturally exercise the mouth muscles to discourage tongue thrusting, promote tongue retraction, and correct overall tongue positioning. They also prevent individuals from biting the straw and/or putting it too far into their mouths. Simply press them into the top of a straw, and drink.
When purchased, the Flexible Lip Blok measures 3/4" in length. Once the individual becomes accustomed to that length, trim the mouthpiece slightly. Once the individual is comfortable drinking from the new length, trim it slightly again. Repeat until the mouthpiece measures 1/4" in length. This hierarchy slowly teaches individuals to put less and less of the straw into their mouths. When only 1⁄4” is inside the mouth, fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to manage and less likely to cause coughing aspiration. With shorter lengths, you also get a better oral motor workout, as the tongue retracts more, the lips seal better, and the cheeks have more tension.
- Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Sold individually
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws (measuring .25" in diameter)
- Caution: Use of these products should be directly supervised at all times.
- This listing is for 1 orange Flexible Lip Blok (3/4"). All other parts sold separately.